A delicious and moist low carbs coconut flour zucchini bread that is also grain free, gluten free and refined-sugar free.
Coconut flour is made from the coconut solids that are left over after the meat been used to produce coconut milk. The solids are ground into a very fine, flour-like powder. It is high in fiber and protein. Unlike some gluten free flours, coconut flour absorbs a tremendous amount of liquid, so you will find that a 1:1 substitution for flour will be far too dry. In baked goods, you generally want to substitute 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup coconut flour for 1 cup flour. You will also need to increase the number of eggs.
Low Carb Coconut Flour Zucchini Breadadapted from smallfootprintfamily
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F. Lightly grease a 10cmx20cm loaf pan. Line base and sides with baking paper.
- Combine coconut flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt together into a bowl.
In another large bowl, whisk together eggs, maple syrup, coconut oil, mashed banana and white balsamic vinegar. Stir in zucchini and roasted salted peanuts.
- Lightly fold the flour mixture into the egg mixture until just incorporated. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan, levelling the top.
- Bake for about 50 minutes or until loaf is cooked when tested with a skewer. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Turn loaf onto a wire rack to cool completely.
YOUR KITCHEN WILL SMELL AMAZING AND KEEP FLIES AWAY, YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW EASY THIS TRICK WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFEPosted by Aisya Clild at 3:17:00 AM
This fresh goat cheese mousse tart with blackberries and a buttery wholegrain cookie crust, adapted from 'Pastry' by master chef Michel Roux, is so deliciously light and fruity. The mousse is sweetened with pure stevia syrup, but feel free to swap out and use raw sugar or maple syrup instead.
|Crust (adapted from 'Pastry' by Michel Roux)||Blackberry Goat Cheese Mousse|
- Heap the flour on the counter and make a well. Put the butter, egg, maple syrup and salt in the middle. With your fingertips, mix the ingredients in the well.
- Now little by little, draw the flour into the center and work the dough with your fingertips to a grainy texture. Add the cold water and mix it in until the dough begins to hold together.
- Using the palm of your hand, push the dough away from you 4 or 5 times until it is smooth. Roll the dough into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap, and chill for an hour.
- Roll out the dough to a 3 mm thickness and line a loose-bottomed oblong tart pan, measuring 35x11x2.5 cm and a 12 cm round pan. Chill for about 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F. Prick the pastry shell bases. Line the shells with baking paper and fill with a layer of dried beans to weigh the dough down and prevent it from rising unevenly.
- Bake the shells blind for 18-20 minutes. Lower the oven setting to 170C/340F. Remove the beans and paper and return the shells to the oven for about 8 minutes. Remove and leave in the pans to cool completely before using for the filling.
- Soak the gelatine granules in water in a bowl for 5 minutes. Warm up the frozen blackberries and stevia syrup in a saucepan over low heat until the berries are thawed. Don't let the mixture boil. Puree the mixture and pass through a fine sieve. Now add the soaked gelatine in the warm berry mixture and stir until dissolved. Set aside and allow the mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Add fresh goat cheese and vanilla powder. Mix until well combined. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 to 45 minutes, or until starting to set.
- Whip the heavy cream lightly to soft peaks, then fold it into the berry mixture. Pour into the crust bases and leave to chill for 4 hours or overnight, until set. Garnish the tart with fresh blackberries,edible flowers and lemon balm leaves.
Gin Sours recommended by none other than "Ed Sullivan...Famous Columnist" serves 2 2 teaspoons sugar 2 jiggers gin juice of one l...
I had so much Chinese Scallion Cilantro Dipping Sauce left over that I decided to add fish sauce and make it into a marinade for grilled ...
250 ml of 3% hydrogen (you can buy it in all pharmacies) 3 tbs. of baking soda A drop of liquid soap or a detergent Note: you should use t...
I've mentioned before that when I'm home, I try not to eat out for dinner, but save it for spending time with my parents. And so...
Bananas and walnuts make a great combination. They taste great when baked together. I always look out for quick bread recipes to have along ...
http://schneiderchen.de | © 2015 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com In celebration of World Hunger Day on the 28th May, I ...
½ cup Mayonnaise (Hellman's is best) ⅓ cup Sugar ¼ cup Milk ¼ cup Buttermilk 2½ tablespoons Lemon Juice 1½ tablespoons White Vineg...
INGREDIENTS 3 cups luke-warm water 1/4 cup sugar 1 1/2 Tbsp. yeast 1/3 cup oil 1 Tbsp. salt 6 - 7 cups unbleached gro...
Kaniwa is, like quinoa, an ancient grain that grows in Peru and Bolivia. It is about half the size of quinoa but oth...
After reading about all the benefits of brown rice lately, I picked a pack of brown rice during one of our weekly grocery shopping. As usual...