On Vietnamese First Birthday Traditions Again

Wednesday, September 28, 2011
On Vietnamese First Birthday Traditions Again 1



Gah! Isn't she just the cutest?

My parents came down for my niece's first birthday and my mom had her suitcases packed with pre-made frozen homemade puff pastry dough and filling for banh pate so (Vietnamese meat-filled pastries) and pre-made frozen banh bot loc (Vietnamese tapioca dumplings with pork, shrimp, and bamboo shoots). Since it was our niece's first birthday, lil' sis and I got a little fancy with our food contributions too.

I had less than two hours' sleep before I was up at 6 a.m. to finish my labor-intensive project. Then I had to go to work for a few hours so I left my mom, with help from lil' sis and oldest nephew, to make the banh pate so.

Read more »

My Blog List

Popular Posts