How to Make a Homemade Cake Stand

Wednesday, October 5, 2011
How to Make a Homemade Cake Stand 1


It's been several months since I promised a tutorial on how to make a homemade cake stand. I finally got around to doing it when I made a cake stand as a bridal shower gift for my friend E(L).

(Look away E(L) if you don't want to see how little I spent! Actually, we've been friends for so long I know she doesn't care about things like that. Besides, the cooking lesson is worth waaay more. :P)

Anyway, the plates were finally washed and the photos are somewhat styled so you should get a better idea of the possibilities. Think of how pretty afternoon tea can be!

This was the cake stand I made for E(L). I figured simplicity was best so I chose a plate with silver trim and silver leaves on the inside rim. Glued onto a glass candlestick.



How to Make a Homemade Cake Stand 2


The cake stand was modeled with banana caramel cupcakes made by lil' sis.



How to Make a Homemade Cake Stand 3


Let's get started shall we? How to make a homemade cake stand for less than $1 (or $3 if you're not as good a bargain-hunter :P .)

Read more »

My Blog List

Popular Posts