Tom Nuong Hanh Ngo (Vietnamese Grilled Shrimp with Scallion Cilantro Sauce)

Sunday, October 9, 2011
Tom Nuong Hanh Ngo (Vietnamese Grilled Shrimp with Scallion Cilantro Sauce) 1


I had so much Chinese Scallion Cilantro Dipping Sauce left over that I decided to add fish sauce and make it into a marinade for grilled shrimp. Sure the base recipe might be Chinese, but if I add fish sauce, that makes it Vietnamese, right? :P

Like the Thit Nai Nuong Xa (Vietnamese Grilled Lemongrass Venison), the plating for these photos took place several days after my dinner party since I was far too busy then to do any styling. That night, my friends and I had wrapped the shrimp up in rice paper, but you could also serve this with cold vermicelli rice noodles and Do Chua (Vietnamese Pickled Stuff ie. Carrots and Daikon) for a nice summer meal.

Read more »

My Blog List

Popular Posts