Lemony Little Hearts Biscuits

Friday, September 2, 2011
Little Hearts biscuit was my favorite..I saw this recipe in a cookbook I borrowed from my local library..These biscuits are flaky and crispy,sweety as well as salty..The biscuits I made were not very similar to the little heart biscuits yet they tasted too good..This recipe is a keeper and I will be making this again..It is too simple and takes a matter of minutes to make these when you have puff pastry in hand.The photos were taken in a hurry so they are not too good..So bear with me.

Here is the recipe.
Ingredients
Puff pastry - 2 sheets
Sugar - 3 tablespoons
Salt - 1/4 teaspoon
Cinnamon powder - 2 teaspoons
Lemon zest - 2 teaspoons
Directions
Thaw the puf pastry according to the manufacturers directions..
Mix the sugar,cinnamon powder and lemn zest together in a bowl and sprinkle the mixture evenly over the puff pastry..With the help of a rolling pin press the mixture onto the pastry and roll it out a little..

Now start from the longer end of the pastry,roll it towards the centre until you reach the middle.Do the same from the other side..Now cut the pastry perpendicularly into small strips of about 1/2 inch thick..Rol it again in the sugar mixture.
Place them in baking sheets and bake for about 7 to 9 minutes until they start turning brown.Take care not to burn them because they burn too quickly..
Store them in airtight containers(if at all anything is leftover!)
Am sending this to AFAM: Lemon and also to Sunday Snacks:Bake it
   

My Blog List

Popular Posts